21 April 2008

Spoiled for (the illusion of) choice

A SAGA OF GREEN WASTE IN THE MAKING
My wife and I are having something of a disagreement at the moment with respect to the ultimate appearance of our front garden once the landscapers have finished planting it. I think that maybe I get to have a say in it, Jennie chooses to disagree with my input...

My initial thought was that the Australian Native Garden was a nice, attractive choice of complementary landscaping vegetation - Sensible, hardy and drought resistant. In short the perfect choice for the constantly apathetic gardener (me), and the family's resident black thumb (not that I'm implying that Jennie is sudden death on plants or anything, but Right To Life do stage pickets and sit-ins outside the gardening section of Bunnings whenever Jennie goes shopping...) It seems that the Australian Native Garden was able to draw the attention of a nice, attractive choice of spousal veto. Okay, Mediterranean Garden it is! "With Cyprus trees? No? They've been vetoed too? Really?" Apparently all I have to do during the garden selection process is to agree, lots.


*sigh*
Current score: Doug 0, Veto 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed when I read your blog entry, my darling husband, that the Google Ad posted above your blog was for gardening and landscaping businesses found on yellow.com.au
Maybe you should ring one of them and stop bitching about choices...if you want a freakin cypress tree go to Bunnings (on your own because I would hate for you to cross a right to life picket in support of me buy a fucking cypress tree, or six, and plant the damn things yourself...should be easier than the 'almost trench'.

Doug said...

You want me to look for gardening businesses, or anything else for that matter, on yellow.com.au? Are you serious? I'd sooner slam my testicles between two house bricks than use the Sensis search (and not find) engine ever again.