16 December 2007

Moving day mania.

Just a quick note at the end of a rather frantic day. We move house on Thursday and, thanks to a combination of procrastination and children so hopped up on whatever the hell it is that children younger than teenagers snack on when their (long-suffering, believe me) parents aren't looking, we're pretty much leaving everything to the last minute. Lots of boxes were packed today and many more need to be packed, and our kids were a huge help to both Jennie and I, although I am at a loss to explain how several hours of playing on the PS2, bickering, squabbling and whining whilst under foot could qualify as "helping". I find myself resorting to a mantra that I developed to help me cope with the after-effects of all this help.

Breathe in. "I love my children, I will not kill them." Breathe out.
Breathe in. "I love my children, I will not kill them." Breathe out.

Repeat as needed. Then wait until late at night so you can walk the dog in peace and quiet - Find a nice private part of the local park and scream. It helps.

----------------
Now playing: Enya - Tempus Vernum
via FoxyTunes

No comments: