5 March 2008

An answer at last!

PATIENCE HAS ITS REWARDS
Surprise surprise! Seems that the reason why we're not having our mail delivered to our house is because, according to the vast intellects that dwell within the vast and mouldy vaults within Australia Post, our address is located in a rural area. How silly of me, thinking that the noise and hyperactivity in the morning was my overgrown children! Obviously, given Australia Post's reasoning, it's really a stampede of cattle and other misplaced livestock that rampage through my living room each morning. (Come to think of it a stampede of cattle would probably do far less damage to our living room than Nathan in full filght, but I digress...) At any rate I'm sure that Jennie will be thrilled beyond all measure by these happy tidings, she's a country girl again!

I wonder, if I call next week to inquire as to why we're not getting mail, what excuse they'll serve me next. If I keep at it maybe they'll get a bigger wheel to spin. At any rate, because I'm still peeved and downright bloody-minded about this, I'd take it as a real kindness if you give the sleeping souls at Hoppers Crossing a call and inquire as to why I can't get my mail.
(03) 8342 6902, (or +613 8342 6902 outside Australia) is the number to call, but make sure you do it before 1:00pm on weekdays because after that the fairy godmother's spell wears off and their heads turn to pumpkins or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOO!

Anyone here? I expect at find amusement here at least once a week.. LOL

Doug said...

Sorry, I'm trying a different tack with updating my blog by submitting them via Australia Post. As you can see, it's not working out so well...