20 June 2008

Friday down near the farm.

JOYOUS NEWS
The neck tie is dead, and not a minute too soon (unless you're a lawyer or an accountant, in which case I wish you well in your career induced daily dose of "Choke" - And you're more than welcome to it). Thanks to reading this article over at The Age I can rest peacefully in my bed (except for the twice nightly ritual of blanket reclamation - see below) knowing that I'll most likely never have to wear another tie, outside of a job interview, ever again.

SNOOZUS INTERRUPTUS
I'll be the first to admit that my sleeping habits leave more than a little to be desired, and after more than 10 years of Jennie telling me to do something about my perpetual lack of quality sleep I'm finally starting to go to bed at slightly more reasonable hours. It is therefore more than fitting that circumstances continue to conspire to do my head in. If it's not a dry, hacking cough keeping me up until all hours of the early morning then it's Jennie's efforts in night-time bedding relocation. I'm going to bed earlier now (Okay okay, sometimes), and getting just as much sleep.

I get the fact that she gets cold at night, despite the house being warmed up previously by the central heating system. I get the fact that I sleep in an awkward fashion and have been known to rotate the entire blanket and sheet package some 45 degrees to the right (Don't ask, it happens while I sleep). I fail to get the reasoning behind why I should have to wage a twice nightly war for the doona, and I really fail to get why I should be the one to lose that war twice a night. I also think that it's manifestly unfair that not only should I have to lose out on my fair share of the doona every night but that I should also lose out on my share of the mattress too. Jennie, this is your fault too - Koda's your cat, keep that hairy blister on your side of the bed!

I'M AN INTP, WHAT ARE YOU?
A few months back I did one of those online personality tests, and found out that I'm an INTP - and then bookmarked my results and promptly forgot about them. During my lunch break I was struck by the urge to do some reading up on what it is to be an INTP, and ran into this gem from An INTP Profile, and felt the urge to share. I highlighted the bit that made me snort my ramen...
Humour is another aspect which marks out the INTP. He can readily dream up jokes about almost any situation. Taking things out of context is the chief source of humour and many an INTP is a Monty Pythonite. The Ne is the engine and source of this joke-generator. Needless to say, the humour of an INTP can be pretty zany and warped and may not be understood easily by others. The problem is that the Ne concepts for jokes are put into a structure only by the Ti. Hence, the humour can become black and tactless, having felt little Feeling input. Funnily enough, INTPs are dreadful tellers of jokes (which seems to be more the domain of those with Se), perhaps because they pay too little attention to detail when speaking spontaneously. If you see someone smirking and laughing at some private thought, without any obvious reason, he's probably an INTP. INTPs may however make good comedy writers, with the humour of Woody Allen being particularly liked.
Just think, four out of every 100 males that you meet is just like me... "One of us. One of us. One of us..."

----------------
Now playing: Within Temptation - Aquarius
via FoxyTunes

No comments: